Wildlife and Bird Watching in Waikato
These maps are intended as a guideline only; you must check the exact location of the reserve yourself. Wildlife Extra assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or usefulness of the information on this website.
Recent Waikato news
- New Zealand’s ‘Game Animal Council’ – putting hunting before conservation?
- Rodent alert on New Zealand island sanctuary
- New Zealand government drawing up plans to allow mining on conservation land
- First Kokako chicks born to newly translocated population in Central New Zealand
- Maungatautari kiwi calling for mates as the mating season starts
More Waikato news
- Maungatautari Kaka chicks now 60 days old – Pictures
- Bat search on Maungatautari is a prelude to translocation
- Endangered Kaka breed on Maungatautari
- First kiwi chick of 2008 released onto Maungatautari Ecological Reserve
- Maungatautari closing in on the last few pests - Mice, rabbits, hares & goats.
Field guide to the wildlife of New Zealand
Read full review »