Wildlife and Bird Watching in West Coast
These maps are intended as a guideline only; you must check the exact location of the reserve yourself. Wildlife Extra assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or usefulness of the information on this website.
Recent West Coast news
- Rarest kiwis released into the wild as numbers double in 15 years
- New weta species discovered on threatened plateau in New Zealand
- New species of day flying moth discovered in New Zealand
- Dam proposal dropped saving one of New Zealand’s largest and most pristine wild rivers
- Saving the Kereru, New Zealand’s only native pigeon
More West Coast news
- 800 Critically Endangered giant snails die in a fridge
- New Zealand’s ‘Game Animal Council’ – putting hunting before conservation?
- The world's most threatened and healthiest sea turtle populations revealed
- Hector’s dolphins still headed for extinction
- Shocking images: possums and stoats eat kea chicks